WhoTracks.Me is a Cliqz GmbH project.
- Cliqz GmbH
- Arabellastrasse 23
- 81925 Munich, Germany
- phone: +49 89 9250 1055
- email: info[at]cliqz[dot]com
- internet: www.cliqz.com
- Register court: Amtsgericht Munich
- Trade register number: HRB 173779
- Managing directors: Dr. Marc Al-Hames, Jean-Paul Schmetz
- Value-added tax identification number, in accordance with § 27 of the Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE
- Responsible in terms of content, in accordance with § 55 Abs. 2 RStV: Jean-Paul Schmetz (address
- Liability note: Despite careful content control we assume no liability for the content of
- For the corresponding content of linked pages, their administrators are responsible.
Scope of validity
This data privacy statement informs users of the nature, scope and purpose of the
collection and use of personal data on this website by Cliqz GmbH
(hereinafter: the “Provider”).
The provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German
Telemedia Act (TMG) form the legal basis for data privacy. Our Data Protection Officer
Konzerndatenschutzbeauftragter Hubert Burda Media Holding KG
Information gathered by the WhoTracks.Me website
We log requests to our website via
CloudFront's logging mechanism
. These logs, which contain visitors' IP
addresses, are anonymised daily with a process which encrypts this IP with a
key that is subsequently destroyed. After this step, the original IP addresses
can not longer be recovered. The original CloudFront logs are deleted
after 24 hours.
In summary, access logs containing IP addresses are kept for 24 hours.
Anonymised logs which are held longer have no identifiers, and cannot be
linked to the requestor IP address.
WhoTracks.Me stands for a safer, more transparent web where privacy is a human right.
content delivery network Amazon Cloudfront
that serves the site, which is already configured to maximum privacy settings,
bound by a legal contract.