Definitions for different types of trackers
Trackers differ both in the technologies they use, and the
purpose they serve. Based on the the service they provide
to the site owner, we have categorized the trackers in the following:
- Provides advertising or advertising-related services such
as data collection, behavioral analysis or re-targeting.
- Enables comments sections for articles and product reviews
- Customer Interaction
- Includes chat, email messaging, customer support, and other
- Includes tag managers, privacy notices, and technologies
that are critical to the functionality of a website
- Adult Advertising
- Delivers advertisements that generally appear on sites with adult content
- Site Analytics
- Collects and analyzes data related to site usage and
- Social Media
- Integrates features related to social media sites
- Audio Video Player
- Enables websites to publish, distribute, and optimize
video and audio content
- CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Content delivery network that delivers resources for
different site utilities and usually for many different customers.
- Misc (Miscellaneous)
- This tracker does not fit in other categories.
- This is a service used by the content provider or site owner
- This tracker has either not been labelled yet, or we do not have
enough information to label it.